Answers to Cryptoquotes: Cryptograms of Sayings by Famous People
If you haven't tried to solve the cryptograms, go here first.
1. Every man I meet is in some way my superior.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. We have a criminal jury system which is superior to any in the world; and its
efficiency is only marred by the difficulty of finding twelve men every day who
don't know anything and can't read.
3. America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without
civilization in between.
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never
learned how to walk forward.
-Franklin Delano Roosevelt
5. I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
6. I never resist temptation, because I have found that things that are bad for me
do not tempt me.
-George Bernard Shaw
7. The poet ranks far below the painter in the representation of visible things, and
far below the musician in that of invisible things.
8. Fantasy, abandoned by reason, produces impossible monsters; united with it,
she is the mother of the arts and the origin of marvels.
9. It is well that war is so terrible, or we should get too fond of it.
-Robert E. Lee
10. The mind of a bigot is like the pupil of the eye. The more light you shine on it,
the more it will contract.
-Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
BACK TO CRYPTOQUOTES
Back to top |
Back to Main Page of Puzz.com - IQ Tests, Puzzles, Games & Contests