Einstein I.Q. Test
By William F. Bultas
I encourage you to use any reference materials you think might help on the following 10
I.Q. puzzles. Some of the titles for the puzzles may provide a valuable hint, although some may mislead you. I have placed
the answers on a separate page to keep you from looking until
you're ready. The ranking scale below is designed for entertainment purposes only, but
should give you a general idea of how well you have performed. Be aware that some of
the puzzles may take a while to solve, so the more time you spend working on the
puzzles, the higher your score is likely to be. Warning: 2 of the puzzles contain trick questions! If you enjoy this puzzle intelligence test, be
sure to try the other tests & puzzles at PUZZ.COM. Have fun!
Number Correct IQ & Rank
0-1 IQ 90 / Below Average
2 IQ 100 / Average
3 IQ 110 / Above Average
4 IQ 120 / Superior
5-6 IQ 130 / Gifted
7-8 IQ 140 / Highly Gifted
9-10 IQ 150 / Genius
1. 12 members were present at a board meeting. Each member shook hands with all of the other members before & after the meeting. How many hand shakes were there?
2. At Probability University, there are 375 freshmen, 293 sophomores, 187 juniors, & 126 seniors. One student will randomly be chosen to receive an award. What percent chance is there that it will be a junior? Round to the nearest whole percent.
A DOZEN EDGES
3. If you take a marker & start from a corner on a cube, what is the maximum number of edges you can trace across if you never trace across the same edge twice, never remove the marker from the cube, & never trace anywhere on the cube, except for the corners & edges?
TWO & THREE
4. A cube is made of a white material, but the exterior is painted black. If the cube is cut into 125 smaller cubes of exactly the same size, how many of the cubes will have 2 of their sides painted black?
5. In another galaxy, a certain nation of creatures speak a language known as Algramara. In this language, "harvec tood zevac" means "my tooth hurts," "lavec lina zevac" means "my delicious food," & "zevac corma lina" means "eating my food." What does "corma harvec zevac tood" mean?
6. Decide what the next 5 figures in this series should be: 0110101000101000101000
FOLD IN HALF
7. If you started a business in which you earned $1 on the first day, $3 on the second day, $5 on the third day, $7 on the fourth day, & so on, how much would you have earned with this business after 50 years (assuming there are exactly 365 days in every year)?
PAY RAISE/PAY CUT
8. A worker earns a 5% raise. A year later, the worker receives a 2.5% cut in pay, & now her salary is $22702.68. What was her salary to begin with?
MORE THAN YOU MIGHT THINK
9. How many weeks have 156 hours in them?
PIECES ON A BOARD
10. What letter completes this set?
2k 2q 16p 4r 4b 4
Back to top |
Back to Main Page of Puzz.com - IQ Tests, Puzzles, Games & Contests