By Thomas A. Smith Jr.
NOTE: This test served as the 4/28/01 Puzzle Contest.
Directions: This test is designed for your amusement only. There is no time limit and you may use any means possible to find the answers (except by discussing the problems with others). A grading scale along with the answers is provided on a separate page. Good luck!
The letters from the three words below can be taken apart, unscrambled and merged to form three separate words all of which are synonyms. Can you find them?
2) UnscrambleThe king of conundrums lives in the MANLIEST CAGE
3) Something Fishy!?How long does it take for you to solve weird riddles? Time is passing as we speak...tic...toc! This one involves absolutely no academia. If you don't solve it you might be ill. As far as difficulty is concerned it's my easiest one. Can you solve this?
4) SO!What color is her blouse?
5) Below there are sixteen numbers. Assuming that any three of the numbers may be drawn at random, what is the probability (to the nearest percent) that three numbers will be drawn whose sum equals six?
1 2 3 1
2 3 1 2
3 1 2 3
1 2 3 1
6) Judy is five times as old as Henry. In two years, she'll be three times as old, and in six years she'll only be twice as old. How old will Judy be in seven years?
Which one is the odd one out?
URN URA ARS RTH TER NUS
8) In the following series, find the missing number.
1584 5842 5834 5484 5584 5846 ?
9) LET'S SPLIT
Maxwell Edison is studying a newly discovered hyperactive amoeba which multiplies at a highly accelerated rate. He places one such amoeba in a jar. After 15 seconds the amoeba splits. 15 seconds later the two amoebae split. 15 seconds after that the four amoebae split and so on. After two hours the jar is halfway full. How long will it take to fill the jar completely?
10) GOOD SAMARITAN
463512=a divine service and 3/8 of me is a system or theory. What am I?
This concludes the test.Click here for the answers.
Back to top | Back to Main Page of Puzz.com - IQ Tests, Puzzles, Games & Contests